Wednesday, September 7, 2011

HAPPY TO BE AT WORK TODAY!! Never thought I'd actually say those words out loud...

I never thought I'd be so happy to go to work.  But today is the first day in a month that I got up, talked to Dan for a little while, got dressed, put on my makeup and went to work.

Julia is with him and he has a few "assignments" such as call for more therapy appointments, get some paperwork together, etc.  Most of what he wants to do all day is lie down because it's the only position he can be in that doesn't hurt.

And it's good for his brain to just rest and heal.

But - back to me....  I am loving being at work!  It feels NORMAL!  Tomorrow Dan has a bunch of appointments so I'll be juggling that with him - luckily he'll be at UW so it's do-able for me.  I'll just catch up with him between appointments and see what I need to do to help him.

But - oh yeah - back to me...  thanks to all my wonderful friends and family, I feel pretty good.  Not too tired, not too taxed.  I have days where I kind of sink to the bottom and then I take a walk or just curl up in a ball and read or watch the sunset from the bow.  But most of the time I am feeling full and ready for whatever gets thrown my way.  The trajectory has slowed down, evened off a bit, which we were told would happen.  Dan's improvement has slowed to a plateau now and I expect the differences will be less obvious on a day-to-day basis.  But they will continue. 

How can they not?  With so many people supporting us, praying for us, pulling for us...  we can only succeed.  Thank you all!

Back to work...

Love,

Irene

No comments:

Post a Comment