Thursday, September 1, 2011

3 WEEKS TODAY

Today Dan had a full schedule of appointments.  9 am, 11 am, 1 pm.  I worked during the first appointment and then a little bit in between the others.  But I needed to accompany Dan to the two afternoon appointments.  It's important for me to be there to either confirm what Dan is saying or give my impression if it differs.

We found out today that the pain in his left chest/shoulder area is the result of 3 additional broken ribs.  That's a total of SIX broken ribs.  Ouch.  No wonder he has been having trouble lifting his left arm or using it for any holding, eating, etc.  The thing is, they took an x-ray back when we were at Harborview and they didn't seem to notice the ribs - just determined that the shoulder was normal.  It's visible on the x-ray that the ribs are separated under the arm area.

Wow.

So - he is going to be in regular therapy at this point for quite a while - probably into December.  The doctors are great, the therapists are gifted, and we know we are in very good hands.

I am so thankful to all of you who are reading this blog and keeping up with us.  I am starting to see my way to being able to make phone calls and get caught up.  In the meanwhile, please email me and let me know how you are, what you are up to, what's going on in your life!  I want to know.  Just don't have a lot of phone energy these days.

Tell us some stories that we can think about and talk about instead of the obsessive things that have been going on in our lives for the last 3 weeks.

My email:  hopkinsirene23@gmail.com
Dan's:  hopkins61@gmail.com

What a lot of things have happened in 3 weeks!

Love,

Irene



No comments:

Post a Comment